Friday, October 19, 2012

Two of Two

About me:

My name is Akeem Campbell, and I am currently a senior at Drake University. I major in Health Science with a minor in business, but I am generally interested in all fields of study. This will be my first time blogging, but I am looking forward to not only sharing information but gaining knowledge from others.
    
Ironically, my first experience coming to Drake was affected by flooding. What is usually a 5 hour drive from Chicago to Des Moines quickly became a 7 hour drive due to an intensive flood which forced us to take a detour. It wasn't until a few years later that I began looking more into this event and realizing this event would become known as the Midwest flood of 2008. 
    
This experience as well as being in an Environmental History class had led me to further investigate this flood. Along with the 2008 flood, the 1993 flood will be also investigated. I will draw parallels between these two events and also find out how they affected the Midwest. Specifically, the effect of these floods on socioeconomics and pollution will be discussed. For this research I am looking forward to in-person interviews and being able to share this information with other. 







No comments:

Post a Comment