Friday, October 19, 2012

One of Two


About me:

My name is Mirza Muhamedagic, and I am a senior at Drake University. I mainly study history, but I am also interested in law and sociology. Writing a blog is something I have done before, but never for something like this. I'm excited to see what type of information we can find because the study of floods seems to be very interesting.

I am from Des Moines, and was around for the Flood of 2008. That experience was very surreal because it seemed like everything was being dictated by the water. For example, I had to take an alternate way to school because one of the roads, NW 62nd Ave., was flooded. This road was built by Beaver Creek, which has had a history of flooding.

Floods don't really scare me because I'm still young, and have only dealt with one. However, I do know that they are dangerous and cause millions of dollars in damage, kill many people, and have the ability to destroy whole cities.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment